Dr Martin Mbewe joins SASSCAL as Programme Coordinator for the Zambian National Node. He will represent SASSCAL’s research at a national level. Dr Mbewe is responsible for ensuring the day to day implementation, effective management and successful execution of the SASSCAL programme in Zambia.
Prior to joining SASSCAL, Dr Mbewe’s work experience includes:
- Adaptation Expert for Agriculture and Natural Resources Management – World Bank/Government of Zambia-funded Strengthening Climate Resilience in the Barotse Sub-basin (SCReBS). This is a project under the Pilot Programme for Climate Resilience (PPCR), Ministry of National Development Planning in Zambia
- National Coordinator for the African Development Bank/Government of Zambia-funded Lake Tanganyika Integrated Regional Development Programme (PRODAP)
- Project Manager for the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)-funded Mufunta Game Management Area Natural Resources Management Project
- Agricultural Officer for the United Nations Development Programme/Global Environmental Fund/Government of Zambia-funded Lake Tanganyika Project
- Plant Breeder for the World Bank/Government of Zambia-funded Eastern Province Agriculture Development Project (EPADP)
- He has also worked, taught, researched and consulted at/for Colleges, Research Institutions, Non-Governmental Organisations and Universities in Botswana, Namibia, South Africa and Zambia
His academic background is in Agricultural Sciences (B. (Agric) Science, University of Zambia; Master of Science, Michigan State University, USA) and Environmental Sciences (PhD), University of Natal, Durban, South Africa).
SASSCAL welcomes Dr Mbewe to the SASSCAL Team.